THE HYBRID PERSONAL ASSISTANT WIIDII IS GROWING ON THE MOBILE TOURISM MARKET*
Bordeaux, 4th April 2016
Professionals of the tourism market already know the trick: digital technology is a major factor in attracting territories. With the Web 3.0, professionals work twice as hard to stand out and to provide travelers with new inventive services and to ensure loyalty. More and more institutions and large tourist groups use Wiidii and his unique artificial intelligence combined with human know-how to make traveling easier and effortless for their clients. This hybrid personal assistant helps mobile users in their everyday life and discusses with them in a friendly tone to provide a quick, relevant and personalized answer. This visionary startup from Bordeaux is thus addressing new practices and needs for travelers: leaving on a journey is no longer complicated, but pleasant and easy.
WHAT DOES THE NEW APPLICATION WIIDII BRING TO TOURISTS?
With a simple click, and after downloading the application for iOS or Android, Wiidii organizes most part of every tourist trips or journeys, thanks to his highly developed artificial intelligence combined with the expertise of human personal assistants. The hybrid personal assistant looks for places and information according to any location, preferences or budgets. He manages reservations and calls business or service suppliers to schedule appointments. More specifically, for example, Wiidii can book a flight after comparing fares, look for a hotel, book a taxi, give weather forecasts or ideas of individual or family activities, buy tickets for a show, allow users to comment on the service providers, and on top of that, allow them to store their personal documents in a secured safety box!
TO ENSURE ITS DEVELOPMENT WIIDII CAN RELY ON MANY PROFESSIONALS OF THE TOURISM SECTOR AND ON LARGE GROUPS
- A fast national and international development
Wiidii aims at reaching the B2B tourism sector first: airports, airline companies, hotels, tour operators, tourist boards, hotel chains... The startup is dramatically and rapidly growing in France but also internationally and collaborates with a growing number of prestigious institutions such as:
- In France: Festival de Cannes, Paris Inn Group, Voyages SNCF, the Tourism Board of Bordeaux...
- Abroad: Summer 2016, new offices in Montreal and Singapore.
- What are the benefits for tourist professionals to offer Wiidii to their clients
Benefits are very interesting for them:
- increase of customer loyalty and passenger satisfaction consequently increasing the turnover,
- anticipation of inquiries and future challenges with predictive analytics scenario,
- promotion of the professionals through white-labeling to allow using and branding this innovative technology in their own name.
- Satisfied clients: testimonials from the Tourism Office of Bordeaux (France), and from the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès of Cannes (France)
"The Tourism Board of Bordeaux has integrated the first mobile assistant Wiidii in their offer as an additional service of the "CityPass" for almost a year now. Results are excellent, sales increased with a high rate of utilization of around 25%. With Wiidii, we can position ourselves in an innovation and service process, which is highly appreciated by our visitors. We are very pleased with this partnership which will continue." Nicolas Martin, Chief Executive of the Office de Tourisme et des Congrès of Bordeaux (France)
"As a tourist tool for visitors in Cannes (France), Wiidii is the perfect solution. Once tourists are given information by the Tourism Office, Wiidii continues to help and to assist them wherever they go. This instant personal assistant can have a real conversation and answers any type of inquiry with personalized and relevant content. Combining robots and human intelligence is a great way of providing visitors with quick and reliable information. User comments highlight that the feeling of security and proximity is being reinforced for the destination of Cannes." Florian Guillebert, Internet and Multimedia Manager at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès of Cannes (France)
- Wiidii: a recognized and distinguished startup in the tourism sector
2014 – Award for the most innovative startup at the tenth edition of the “Rencontres Nationales du e-tourisme institutionnel“, the national conference for Digital Tourism in Pau (France)
2015 – “Palme du Tourisme Numérique 2015“, an award for digital tourism received from Atout France (an agency for French tourism development), and “Label du Forum des Innovations de Bordeaux“ for innovations from Bordeaux received from Alain Juppé, Mayor of Bordeaux.
Its partners are: the BPI, (Banque Publique d’Investissement), a French organization promoting and enhancing economic development, French Travel, a delegation led by the French Minister of Foreign Affairs, and French Tech, a French label given to major innovation hubs which are well-known for their startup ecosystems.
NEW TOOLS FOR MORE INFORMATION
- The new presentation video https://youtu.be/wAhpyXvZFQ0
- The new B2B website is now online www.wiidii.com
- A blog will be available soon for following up with Wiidii's latest news and features updates.
WIIDII IN NUMBERS
- Created in 2014 in Bordeaux, France, by Cédric Dumas, current CEO.
- In 2015, the startup received a fund of €600,000 through fundraising and announced a new fund in 2016.
- 11 employees currently and an objective of 50 more in a year.
- Objective for 2016: €1 million turnover
* Mobile Tourism: tourism through smartphones and tablets
OXYGEN Bordeaux - Laurie Leung
T. +33 5 64 10 00 95